CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, March 22, 2010

The Shabby Tea Room Challenge #2

Hi Crafty Friends! Here is my submission for our weekly challenge over at The Shabby Tea Room. This week's challenge was to make a card that was "Spring Inspired" and to use stitching. Well, as some of you may know, in addition to paper crafting, another hobby of mine is quilting. So I use my sewing machine a lot (to say the least). But until this card, I have never sewn on paper. It's fun - you should try it out, if you haven't already! It combines two of my favorite hobbies - talk about multitasking! :)
So for this card, I got out my most treasured and hoarded Baja Breeze cardstock. I wanted to go with non-traditional spring colors for this challenge - for something different. I also used one of my all time favorite stamps - Upsy Daisy. That stamp is no stranger to ink, that's for sure! :)
Don't forget to stop over to The Shabby Tea Room to join in on the fun!
RECIPE:
STAMPS: Upsy Daisy, PTI Green Thumb
INK: Baja Breeze, Choc Chip
PAPER: WW, Baja Breeze, Choc Chip, Parisian Breeze DSP
OTHER: Choc Chip Ribbon, misc brads, brown thread

4 comments:

  1. Love it ... it's 'so' Nicole :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very pretty. I'm also hoarding some of my Baja Breeze CS - don't know what I'll do when it runs out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is adorable, Nicole! I love the stitched frame and the mini brads in the corners. How fun that you had never sewn on paper before. That stamp is beautiful. I can see why it's no stranger to ink. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of my all time favorite stamp sets! and I so miss that paper!!! great card!!

    ReplyDelete